***Supplemental Vote Alert***
Earlier today, NTU issued a Vote Alert on a number of amendments to S. Con. Res. 5, the fiscal year (FY) 2021 concurrent budget resolution. Now that additional amendments have been filed, we are issuing this supplemental Vote Alert.
NTU urges all Senators to vote “YES” on the following amendments, should they receive consideration on the Senate floor.
Budget and Economy
- Amendment #696 from Sen. Portman (R-OH): Providing for legislation that would automatically authorize a continuing resolution in event of a lapse in federal funding.
- Amendment #803 from Sen. Romney (R-UT): Providing for legislation that would improve the solvency of America’s ailing trust funds.
- Amendment #760 from Sen. Young (R-FL): Point of Order (POO) against legislation that would nationalize a 5G network controlled by the federal government.
- Amendment #548 from Sen. Portman (R-OH): POO against increasing the federal corporate tax rate.
- Amendment #555 from Sen. Toomey (R-PA): Providing for legislation that permanently extends full expensing and other pro-growth provisions of the Tax Cuts and Jobs Act (TCJA).
- Amendment #246 from Sen. Lee (R-UT): POO against legislation that would increase the deficit through overseas contingency operations (OCO) spending.
- Amendment #767 from Sen. Ernst (R-IA): Providing for legislation that would prohibit the increase of the minimum wage during a global pandemic.
- Amendment #777 from Sen. Young (R-IN): POO against legislation mandating project labor agreements in federal contracts.
NTU urges all Senators to vote “NO” on the following amendments to S. Con. Res. 5, the fiscal year (FY) 2021 concurrent budget resolution, should the amendments receive consideration on the Senate floor.
- Amendment #640 from Sen. Rubio (R-FL): Providing for legislation that repeals Section 230 immunity for interactive computer service providers.
- Amendment #759 from Sen. Young (R-IN): Preventing legislation that would impose caps on defense appropriations.
If you have any questions, please contact Policy and Government Affairs Manager Andrew Lautz at email@example.com, Policy and Government Affairs Manager Thomas Aiello at firstname.lastname@example.org, or Policy and Government Affairs Associate Will Yepez at email@example.com.