NTU Foundation is the leader in objective, independent public policy research. Our diverse and groundbreaking projects show the true cost of government to lawmakers, the media, and individual taxpayers. Though the Foundation is principally known for our unique BillTally project, our policy experts cover a broad range of topics and score a number of recurring events, such as the President's State of the Union Address.
If you are a lawmaker, member of the media, or a curious taxpayer looking for fiscal answers related to a federal proposal, program, or law, please contact NTUF and we will be sure to get you an answer. Want to do more? Consider making a tax-deductible donation to NTU Foundation and help us reach more Americans with the best research.
- Current Data: The BillTally Homepage and Resources pages offer detailed data breakdowns of the spending agendas and bills in the House and Senate.
- Historical Data: The BillTally Archive page allows you to review previous BillTally reports, which include proposed spending agendas of both chambers and parties as well as detailed commentary of how Congress' measures can, could, and will affect public spending and taxpayers.
- Previous State Data: In the previous Congress, NTUF analyzed some state delegations (similar to the pages provided through the map above) in the BillTally State page. Check to see if we summarized your state's Senators and Representatives, using BillTally data.
Who Pays Income Taxes?
State of the Union Analyses
- 2017 - Trump
- 2016 - Obama
- 2015 - Obama
- 2014 - Obama
- 2013 - Obama
- 2012 - Obama
- 2011 - Obama
- 2010 - Obama
- 2009 - Obama*
- 2008 - Bush
- 2007 - Bush
- 2006 - Bush
- 2005 - Bush
- 2004 - Bush
*Historically Presidents do not give State of the Union addresses their first year in office.
Check out past State of the Union Address spending studies here.
President's Proposed Budget Analyses
For more information on NTUF's budget studies, go to our analysis archive.
International Presidential Travel Cost Analyses
- Update: Obama Heads to India (2015)
- Update: President Obama Heads to Asia (2014)
- Up in the Air: A Study of Presidential Travel and its Uncertain Costs (2013)
- Incredible Journey: How Barack Obama Became the Most-Traveled President His First Two Years in Office (2010)
For all of NTUF's research and updates on the costs of Presidential travel, check out our archive.
Tax System Complexity Studies
Check out all of the reports by NTU and NTU Foundation at our study archive.
Candidate Spending Proposal Studies
Check out other Presidential and Senate studies here.
- Download Members sorted by net spending agenda